Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas aftermath!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. We had a very nice and relaxing time as always. Bryan was home from work Friday, so we had a lovely day together. In the evening we took Julian to see 34th street in Hampden which is all lit up. I figured he would like the lights since he used to love the neon lights in the Can Co. at night. I don't think he cared though! I however found it quite spectacular. Some of the houses are so done up inside and out they allow hundreds of strangers to go walking through their homes. I never go anywhere without my camera except for that night. So you can check out some of the pics on their site if you feel the need. It was a great night just strolling along holding hands with Julian in the sling, the weather was great and I probably got the best parking spot ever and I didn't even have to drive around looking for it. That stuff doesn't happen to us.

Christmas Eve was pretty uneventful, just getting ready for Christmas day. We had our own little turkey dinner, assembled Julian's Jumparoo piled up all the gifts and I whipped up a new cookie recipe (pumpkin - I'm getting crazy with the trials here!). As fast as Julian is at opening gifts we figured we'd have to start at 3am just to make it to my parents by lunch.

Then there was Christmas day. Our little babe's first Christmas and first experience with getting way more stuff than one child should ever receive. I started off this year all like "yeah we'll start a 3 present rule right away so he'll never know the difference and he'll really appreciate everything blah blah." Many hundreds of dollars later he has a new toy for every day of the year. I actually feel pretty guilty about it but it was just so fun picking stuff out for him. You really do want your kids to have everything, too bad "everything" doesn't always mean a loving family, food and shelter. It should but you know how that goes. In my defense a lot of it was clothing he really needed. Seriously, he needed them, he had about 2 things that still fit him. It's weird with kids his age, we spent all night wrapping up his gifts and then we had to unwrap them all ourselves practically. It's like you want them to unwrap them but really they don't want to unwrap them and actually hardly can. So we didn't know if we should just plow through them ourselves or go through the painfully slow process of prodding him along to do it. We did a little of both. He seemed to like the Jumparoo. Oh my God, we put it together Christmas Eve and when we put him in it for the first time we didn't realize we had the seat on wrong so it allowed him to hang waaaay loooow. So low he could barely see out. It looked like he was in a toilet bowl.

These 2 were his favorite gifts though, and they happen to be my favorites too.


I think Bryan was happy to get the Sirius satellite radio from me, that was his main gift. I also got him a cool remote control for his obnoxious TV so we can eliminate the other 18,000 remotes it took to operate the thing (which also served as a little helpful reminder that the TV WAS an early Christmas present). I'm telling you this remote kicks butt. I know I didn't think a remote control could be worthy of such a description either, and didn't think a remote would ever be worth $100 but this one does not disappoint. And he way over did it for me as always. I try to beat him every year but he always out does me.

Let's see...I got a mother/baby necklace, baby keepsake kit where I can make Julian's hand or footprints, a baby milestone frame (you know your a new mom when your Christmas list looks more like a baby registry), a ring, my Birkenstocks I've been wanting. Pajamas and slippers (you know, every day clothing around here), a bunch of highly recommended books such as The No-Cry Sleep solution and Birthing from Within as well as baby sign language, a comical breastfeeding book and this baby book which is more for Julian but Bryan knew I'd get a kick out of it. What else...some cosmetics from Sephora. Ummm, jeez I know there is a lot more but my favorite I must say is a "gift certificate" he made up for a Julian tattoo!! This means a lot coming from tattooless Bryan. I'm getting his first and middle name on me and Bryan had a design printed up just for gift giving purposes but I really liked what he did. The font was great but he didn't save it otherwise there'd be a picture on here. Can't wait to get it but I think I have to wait until I'm no longer nursing. I need to double check that.

After all the excitement here we headed over to my parents for more gifts and then Bryan's parents for even more gifts. Julian held up pretty well all day despite a 3 minute nap at my mom's and a 7 minute nap on the drive from my mom's to Bryan's for the entire day.


I tried to get a nice little family picture which is very difficult to do when you have a comedian for a husband. This cracked me up though!


This is a little better


I ate my bacon and maple syrup for breakfast and it was delicious however over the last few days we noticed the reflux creeping back. I always think it's too much and Bryan never thinks it's an issue but even he said it was more than he'd like to see. So I'm gonna chill out on the trials for a few days and try to get back to basics to help narrow down the offender. It's not that big of a deal because a lot of the stuff I added aren't everyday foods. I think the coffee was one of them which I only have as an occasional treat, and I won't eat bacon or pumpkin daily. I just want to get a little more stable before moving on to anything new.

Well there you have it, a wonderful baby's first Christmas...click on the pic below to see the rest of the photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home