Friday, December 09, 2005

Makes sense to me

I came across this article which talks about introducing solids with a baby-led approach. I never really thought about doing it in this way, but it seems perfectly logical to me. I do a ton of research on various things but there are some things I just accept as the way it is. Like, introducing solids. I thought once Julian was 6 months old and showing these signs the he was developmentally ready for solids (with the OK of an allergist) I would sit him in his highchair and spoon something I smashed up into his mouth. Because that's the way it is done right? Well this article has shown me a completely different way of looking at this process. After all, like the article says, we've been doing the baby-led approach from day 1 with breastfeeding on demand it's only natural we continue to let him take the lead.

Another thing we'll be working on soon is sign language! It would be so fun to communicate with Julian before he can actually verbally communicate. I know quite a few people that have had great success with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home