Sunday, December 04, 2005

Too random for a title

This will cover a lot of ground so I'm just gonna start...

This weekend Julian got to meet even more relatives for the first time. He met his Great Aunts Linda and Carla and his Great Uncles Wayne and Bill which he really enjoyed. It's always a good time when they come bearing gifts ;)


It was a long day for him and despite a few short naps he was still very tired way before his bedtime. I had run out for a couple of hours and Bryan had told me he tried to get Julian to take a nap but he wasn't having it. So I came home to this

Looks like Julian had a nap whether he wanted to or not! And this boy is throwing TANTRUMS already! Bryan's arms were breaking so he tried to lay him down but Julian woke up. He was stomping his feet up and down and screaming. He looked just like a 3 year old in a toy store not getting what he wanted. This wasn't the first time either. Oh, fun days ahead.

He had really been teething lately. I am confident I see his gum bulging a little right where the 2 bottom center teeth should come in and they look a little white. In the meantime he's been chomping down on anything he can get his hands on like...

a fish out of reach...


and even my chin. Believe me, he grabs a hold of your head and latches on before you can even blink.


My mom and I took him shopping on Saturday and I saw something I never thought I'd see. And if I didn't have my camera on me, Bryan probably wouldn't have believed me.
Yes, that is Mom Mom wearing Julian in a sling at HER request (I had nothing to do with this!) He even snuggled up and fell asleep with his head on her shoulder.


He is so ready to go, go, go. He practically dives out of your arms. He has grabbed food off of my plate and here he goes for a cup of water. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the soda he snatched up and spilled all over!


Well more important news, Julian is having a flex sigmoidoscopy done this Wednesday. Our follow up appointment isn't until 12/29 but I called his GI and told her I didn't think we were really making progress and didn't think we'd be any better off in a few weeks. She decided it's time to scope him and sooner rather than later. It's not as evasive as a colonoscopy, she said it's like a thermometer, it will take about 5 minutes and no anesthesia required. They will take a few biopsies and this should confirm if we are dealing with allergic colitis. If we aren't, then they will break out the big guns, colonoscopy and/or endoscopy but she doesn't think we'll need to go there. If it is allergic colitis, depending on many variables she will either recommend a formula trial and then reintroduce breast milk (so I'd have to pump the whole time) or she may just recommend I just keep breastfeeding him but add foods back to my diet. Some doctors feel if they are thriving and the blood is so miniscual as his is they just don't worry about it. But I'm not sure I can just pretend everything is normal. Depending on what she finds I may want to see if the formula helps. But there is that whole issue with him not drinking from a bottle! That and oh the cost of $40 a can of the specialized formula. Just a tad stressful.

He also has an allergist appointment (very reputable, more than the last) the same day which was scheduled a few months ago. Figures they would end up on the same day. I tried to call and reschedule the allergist because I thought it would be a bit much and I wasn't sure how he'd be after his scope but of course their next available appointment isn't until MARCH 28TH!! So I kept the one of have and I'll play it by ear. If I think it'll be too much, oh well guess I'll cancel.

He seems to be having reflux issues now. He started having really bad reflux a while back and I noticed a pattern for the reflux when I ate potatoes. So I replaced potatoes with carrots and the reflux went away or became practically unnoticeble. But it's creeping back. Could be the carrots but I won't ever figure it out if I keep switching up the foods. And I'm getting tired of guessing, it's time for the doctors to put in some effort. I'm going to see if they can put him on meds for it and hopefully get more sleep out of him. I mentioned how our pediatrician said it was alarming at how many babies he's seen lately with this exact problem. But what is more alarming is that I've had 2 friends call me on the same day, one in the exact same position now and another well on her way. Don't drink the water, that's all I have to say.

I think I covered everything, except for a few cute more pictures. Here Julian is in a 12 month hand-me-down coat from his cousin since the 6-9 month coat I bought him is way too big. Makes sense, huh? I don't think he's diggin' it.


Drool much?


Good thing Julian loves that hair pulling, it's the only thing preventing him from plummeting to his death.


And my favorites!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home