Wednesday, July 06, 2005

No need to update your calendars

I called the Dr. and to reschedule my induction for Wednesday, 7/13 and can't do it. My doctor was fine with it, they called the hospital to schedule it and the hospital is "booked" for Wednesday. And they are actually booked for the rest of the week. I don't want to wait until the FOLLOWING week so we're leaving it for 7/11. Apparently hospitals (or our hospital) only schedule so many inductions because of space limitations which is understandable. They need beds for c-sections and the people that come in naturally so I can't expect them to accommodate any wish I have. And even if I happened to have been able to think clearly yesterday and request Wednesday up front, they were probably booked by then anyway. I'm a little relieved because I hated the pressure of picking a date. The less options I have the less I feel I'm going to make a bad choice. Plus my doctor had a c-section scheduled for Wednesday already so since I'm going to be induced they would have no idea when I'd actually deliver and there could be a chance that he'd be in the middle of a c-section and not be able to deliver my baby. We can still run into this scenario but it's not like it's already a scheduled possibility.

My body still has 5 days to get itself together and go with no intervention. The only downfall with Monday is I couldn't spare the baby a lifetime of lame "we bought you at the 7-11" jokes from his father that Bryan already threatened with.

I was spotting last night which I'm assuming is a result of my exam, painful exam that is. Or maybe it's my "bloody show" but that supposedly is from your cervix dilating which mine probably isn't doing so I'm going with the fact he tried to use the jaws of life on my cervix yesterday. I also had 2 painful contractions. PAINFUL! They weren't super close together and I had many other contractions but I think I'd only consider 2 of them to be painful. I'm really hopeful for something to happen within the next 5 days.

I'm looking forward to revealing the name also. But I'm kind of afraid it's going to be a big let down because we've kept it a secret the entire time that people are probably going to expect something amazing. We obviously like it but there has been such a build up over it, I'm kind of nervous!

So guess its 5 days and counting. (Gulp)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that you are in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers. Monday it is then. 7-11sounds good to me. love Aunt Barbara

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home