Monday, June 27, 2005

OB appointment at 37 weeks and 5 days

Blood pressure - too high! They take it at the beginning of the appointment and it was elevated. But after the appointment they had me lay down on my left side and rechecked it and it was down in the normal range again.
Urine - OK
Weight - who is really keeping track anyway ;)
Baby's Heart Rate - OK
Measurement - 41
Dilated - 0 cm - I even got a "you are very closed"
Station - still -2 (last week was also -2. For those who don't know: 0 is the pelvic bone (more or less). +1, +2 would be the closer the baby is to the vaginal opening, +2 being the closest. -1, -2 means the baby is further up, not yet in the birth canal -2 being further up.)

They say typically in first time moms the baby drops a couple weeks before delivery. So not too reassuring the fact that he's still way up there! But we also know that nothing is ever really typical. First time moms also typically go past their due date. But you know the OB expert at the grocery store who must moonlight as a cashier says it looks like I've dropped. Funny how she knows considering she's NEVER SEEN ME BEFORE. Everyone is an expert huh? I can tell you, I don't look like I've dropped at all, he's still sitting right where he's been the last few months. And my nice little internal exam proves that.

My 7/1 birth day is rapidly approaching and I think it might just pass on by. Sorry Shala, I tried. I think I'm feeding the baby too good in there. Why come out when he can eat all the Oreos he wants when he knows it'll be a good couple years before he ever gets any on the outside! My doctor is officially on vacation now until 7/4 so maybe my bad luck can bring me some good fortune and I'll deliver this week.

I'm really not that discouraged, plenty of people weren't dilated one minute and then are delivering the next so it's not a die-hard rule. I'm just kind of ready for the next chapter. I'm not uncomfortable anymore really. Even my joints aren't too bad, except for my fingers still but even they aren't bothering me like they were last week. My BIGGEST complaint is the Restless Leg Syndrome I've seem to develop (common in pregnancy) which really puts a damper on sleeping. And at times makes it pretty impossible. Other than that when I'm not trying to sleep I feel just fine. I always get "Oh you must be dying in this heat." Not really, that's the beauty of A/C. Even Bryan and I go for walks and eat outside, I think this is the perfect time of year to have a baby! Bryan is more uncomfortable than I am!

All in all, no signs of delivery nearing but anything can happen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you aren't real uncomfortable. Just need to wait it out now. Either way, it is getting really close. I think my plan is to come up Labor Day weekend to see the new Mr. X. Will that work okay?

Love, Kristy

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home