Friday, June 10, 2005

Results are in!

I just spoke with my doctor and found out the results of the sonogram. I'll start off by saying its good news but I can't help feeling a little down about it!

My fluid levels are normal, everything is normal. The reason for me measuring so largely is because he's already 6 lbs. A lot of people give birth to a 6 lb baby!!!! He's still in the normal size range he's just at the high end of the range. For those who know me, what is the one thing I didn't want? A large baby!! Guess what I'll be having, a large baby!! I go from thinking I’ll be having a tiny preemie to a monster

They say they typically gain 1/2 lb a week at this point. That is typically speaking. If that were the case he'd only be in the 8 lb range but not my super-baby, I'm sure he'll probably gain at a rapid weight of 2 lbs a week. Oh lucky, lucky me. They did say they'd induce me if he got too large but unless there is a medical reason then I don't want to be induced. My sister gave birth to a 9 1/2 lb baby so if she can do it, I can do it! I just don't WANT to do it!

She did say that he could have been positioned weird when she measured, he could of had his back arched or been really stretched out but it doesn't change the fact that he still looks 6 lbs in the sonogram.

I am grateful that all is well though and if a big baby is my only complaint then we are very lucky. You better believe though I'll be doing my "baby come now" dance at 37 weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home