Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Moving Right Along

I am 34 weeks pregnant today, just 6 more weeks to go (well I'm hoping for 4!). I promised my sister I'd do my best to get him out on July 1st. That way she can come down from Connecticut while I'm still in the hospital and have the long holiday weekend. I'm trying! But until then, you can read about the pregnancy and baby's progress here.

Well we made another trip to BabiesRUs this weekend despite me saying we have everything we need. But a few hundred dollars later we now have even more things we really didn't need! We're done now though, I swear! Although I may buy more clothes. He definitely does NOT need anymore clothes, in fact I'm sure he couldn't wear all the ones he has already. But I am a girl and I want to pick some out myself. He'll have his mommy and daddy's style at least until he's old enough and developes his own unique style. And the nursery is 100% complete too, curtains and all. We are pretty proud with the way it turned out. I also purchased a portable CD player with headphones so I can play the baby some music and have the headphones right on my belly for his optimal listening pleasure. What will I play him? Bryan's old band, 60 Cycle, CD's of course! Start 'em young and start 'em right!

I think the only thing left to do is just to clean everything. His clothes, his blankets and sheets, the bottles...all that stuff and we'll be ready!

And look at these "so cool I can die" shoes he has curtesy of ME! And I know I've heard it all before....babies don't really wear shoes, they kick them off, etc, etc...but these are soft soled shoes that all my mom friends swear by. Believe it or not they do stay on and they encourage proper foot and muscle development unlike hard soled shoes. Pediatricians say the best thing is for your child to remain barefoot until they are 2 years old but since that isn't practical, these are the next best thing.

You can read about the benefits of soft-soled shoes here and check out the shoes below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home