Monday, May 23, 2005

All packed up and nowhere to go

I started packing my hospital bags yesterday and have almost everything together. They said to bring 1 small bag...I wonder how they will feel about 2 medium sized bags. I wouldn't even consider my purse to be a small bag they can't expect me to go into this unknown with one little bag (and my big birthing ball, and the video camera, and...)! I still have just about 7 weeks left still but can never be too prepared. I'm hoping he'll decide to come a couple weeks early anyway. They say typically first time mom's go late but pretty much everyone I know has gone early and that's what I'm hoping for! It'll depend on who he takes after. If he's like me he'll be ready a month ahead of schedule but keep forgetting something at the last minute and end up late. Or if he's like Bryan he'll wait until the last minute to get ready but then only take a few minutes and be out in no time! He'll come when he's ready so we're just trying to be ready for him.

We still need to get a tripod (or find ours). Yes we are filming the birth but it's for our own personal collection, not to share! It's just going to be Bryan and I in the delivery room so we'll just set the camera on a tripod and film what we can get. I also need to gather up my CD's, these delivery rooms are in major need of some ambiance!

I have an OB appointment today which should just be your typical 10 minute routine appointment. My only complaint now is the daily insomnia I have been having from 3:30 a.m. which seems to keep extending itself until almost 6 a.m. these days! It makes it pretty difficult to get up in the mornings for work which is hard enough to begin with!

I'll let you know how the appointment goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home