Wednesday, May 18, 2005

32 weeks today!

I told some of you that last weeks birthing class was horrifying. Well went for our 3rd and final class yesterday and only half the class showed up! I think the movies we saw the week before scared them away. If that’s true and they happened to figure out away around this birthing stuff, I wish they would share the knowledge! I’m kind of glad it’s over though. I didn’t enjoy being in a room full of pregnant women. No special treatment, no “awwwing” over me, I was just so....common.

Last nights class was about pain medication options, Cesareans and post-partum care. I liked hearing about the pain relief. It was pretty much everything I’ve already read but I seemed to gain more insight last night. This is my plan (not up for discussion either!) I’m going to try natural. Once I realize there is no way I can handle it, I’m going to go for the Stadol. Once I realize there is really no need to feel the lower part of my body since it’s causing me such extreme pain, then I’ll do the Epidural. Hopefully I’ll find some inner strength I didn’t know I had and not need to go beyond the natural. The episiotomy (cutting) scares me the most still. If birth is such a natural process, you would think our bodies would be designed with exits at least the size of what is exiting!

That’s really the only thing that concerns me about gaining more than the recommended weight, how it increases the chances for a larger baby. Despite what I say I really don’t care I gained more than recommended. Sure it’ll be more to lose after but who cares, I’m enjoying it now. But I’ll be very upset if my baby weighs an extra 2 pounds just because I couldn’t keep from eating (regardless of how Bryan tries to politely stop me “You may not want to eat all 3 chicken patties, I couldn’t even do that. Maybe you should let the meal that would serve 4 adults you just scarfed down digest before having more.”) Meanwhile I already reached over and stabbed the chicken patty on his plate like a caveman and started gnawing away on it still on my fork w/out even cutting it. My doctor says I'm healthy and she says my weight is fine and that's all the reassurance I need. So bring on the ice cream!

So today I am 32 weeks…just 8 weeks away! How can being 32 weeks along seem further away than 30 weeks?? I swear 2 weeks ago I was freaking out about how close I am and now today I feel like its light-years away. I think I’m going to miss being pregnant though. I like my big ol’ belly, I like having my baby with me every second of the day in a safe place (where he doesn’t cry either). But I’m sure nothing compares to actually caring for your newborn. Generally I feel great. I feel better and better every day which isn't what I would expect. After the first 5 months of all-day sickness I feel like this is way too easy now! I do have my daily Braxton Hicks contractions. They aren't painful or uncomfortable at all (yet!), they just let me know they are there and that everything is getting ready for the big day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home