Friday, July 01, 2005

Diamond in the rough

fake ring vs. real ring

Bryan was so cute the other day, he had a present for me. So here is a picture of my new wedding band on the left and the too-tight original on the right. Yes, the new one is fake. Bryan would like me to point out the real one has the bigger diamonds because we all know that's what this world is about. It's just cute he's proud. But he gave it to me when we were out for lunch and the waitress probably thought she saw the worst proposal ever... Bryan setting the box on the table and me opening it saying "Oh cool, thanks!" and putting it on. She was like "oh, oh my!" so we had to explain to her the dealio so she didn't think we were totally lame.

It's funny I've heard so many people felt weird without their rings when pregnant. I don't know why I did. I just feel like strangers pre-judge and look down upon me enough, I didn't want them to have any other reason to. It was especially weird when I was WITH Bryan and he had his on, I felt like the mistress he got pregnant. If I saw a pregnant girl without a ring on, I would never give it a second thought and I really don't care if someone did think I was an unwed mother-to-be. I don't see anything wrong with that. I guess I don't have a good reason for feeling like something was missing but I'm not gonna lie, it did bother me! I really like my faux ring and would like to keep wearing it on my right hand later but I'm hoping my fingers will return to their normal size at some point.

This belly has to go, quick. It's getting injured more and more now. I have a big (read 1 inch) gash on it and not sure where that came from unless the baby is trying to claw his way out. And I just burnt my belly button stump on a pot as I tried to reach above the stove for something. Maybe that'll teach the belly button from popping out again, it has no place being on the outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home