Friday, August 04, 2006

What kind of mother am I?

So Julian turns one and I stop updating this all together? Shame on me. No it's just the fact he hardly lets me near a computer these days and the evenings are filled with way too many other tasks that need to get done in too short of time. It doesn't help that I had a stomach bug that kept me laid up in bed for more than a week which Bryan eventually caught. Julian was spared but we had to call in the reinforcements, the Grandparents, to help take care of Julian. And that they did. It's nice knowing we can always count on them.

And if we didn't have enough going on, we're moving! Out of the blue we decided to look at a house and we fell in love with it. We are putting our offer in tonight but expect some negotiations. And then the stress really begins as we need to get our house, which is far from ready, listed in the next week and hope it sells. The market has slowed down so much I'm very nervous about it all. But we're bursting at the seams here and just can't put off a move any longer. So even if this offer falls through we're going to keep forging ahead.

I'm so very sad about leaving the city. I think about all the fun we've had here especially this Summer being so close to the park and the pool. We'd only be moving about 5 miles away but it's a completely different life. It's still a nice area within the city limits but it'll actually require use of a car. But we'll have plenty of yard for Julian to burn off some of this energy because right now he's like a rabid monkey.

He's been an official walker for a few weeks now. He's so good at it. One thing he's been doing lately though is running to me with his arms open wide and a big grin and just dives into may waiting arms. Does it get any better than that? He's been signing lately too. He recently started doing the sign for dog (snapping) which is extremely impressive since I haven't done it myself in many months. I was blown away. He also pants like a dog when he sees a picture of one. You would think he's been raised by wolves, so much of what he does is really things he's picked up on from Jolie and Valentine. And he's finally started doing the sign for "more" which we've done forever and he's never responded. And although it's not a sign, he loves to do the part of Patty Cake where you "rooooolllll it!" He loves it and also likes the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes song. I just started signing it one day w/out doing the movement and he pointed to his head.

He's also been eating pretty much everything, including dairy. It seems to be going well although I try to buy dairy free when possible. It's still a struggle to keep his food choices organic and healthy. It's very easy to get sucked into offering processed canned and other convenience foods. I got really lazy with it when we were sick as he was eating the same canned soups as us. It's giving me the motivation to improve our eating habits too though.

Enough talking, here's the photos!

BA6018751 BA6018751_P13
Outside of the house we're hoping to get.

8_3_06 (4) 8_3_06 (6)
He kept doing this when I would say "smile!" Guess I should stick with the candids.

8_3_06 (7) 8_3_06 (17)

8_3_06 (11) 8_3_06 (3)

8_1_06 (3) 8_1_06 (5)
Eating an organic yogurt to go tube thing that I froze for his "ice cream" while Mommy eats her chocolate "yogurt." Which works great until it's melted and he insists on holding it himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home