Friday, June 30, 2006

I'd held you off long enough

I guess I can't rely on pictures to hold you over much longer. I'm sure you would also like to hear what is new in Julian's world as well.

Yesterday he and I had our first swimming experience in both a very shallow wadding/toddler pool and an adult pool. He didn't hate it but he didn't seem to really enjoy it either. He stuck to me like glue. I didn't have to worry about holding on to him because of his amputating grip. We took it very slow and I didn't put him under. I was just letting him go in, or not go in, at his own pace. If I forced it he'd probably never want to go near a pool again. There were so many kids around I think it was a little overstimulating to him. He seemed more relaxed in the adult pool because it was pretty much just us. He had no desire to venture off on his own even out of the pool until some kids from play group showed up and he wanted to chase after them. It's cute to see him recognize his "friends."

The pool is so nice, a brand new public pool that just opened right by our house and is only $1.50 to get in! Cheaper than Starbucks and less calories! I just bought a Summer pass for $25 though which INCLUDES 8 Mommy and Me swimming lessons that start next Wednesday. They have these huge sprinkler things and a killer sand box "factory" type thing. I took some pictures of the pool area but couldn't really get any of Julian in action since Bryan wasn't with me but he's off next week (yay!) so hopefully we'll get some family swimming in and lots of photos.

We've been making playgroup pretty consistently. We all just realized that the majority of the time the group is all boys. All around the same age. Julian is the only one that is still crawling so maybe they will inspire him. I'm in no rush but I hate seeing his knees all bruised and scraped up. He doesn't even mind crawling on cement anymore or a splintery wooden deck. He does attempt walking, usually indoors more than out but he's still a crawler at heart. As you've seen he gets his thrills in other ways!

We're looking forward to Bryan being home with us for a week straight. We're talking about night weaning to try to cut back on some of the night nursing. If we could eliminate at least 3 of the wakings that would be a HUGE improvment. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

We're also dragging our feet on his first birthday planning. We're going to try to get access to the Tot Lot the playgroup meets at and just have a casual cookout. Well his ears must have been burning b/c he's awake now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home