Friday, July 07, 2006

Vacation Week Update

Bryan has been off this entire week and the weather is not cooperating. Alternating between temps hotter than the Earth's core and dreary rainy days it's putting a damper on our wild and wacky plans. Which was a bunch of nothing actually but it's still not fun to do nothing with unaccomodating weather.

We did get in some brief pool time at our fabulous new public pool with not so fabulous staff and other residents. If only everyone could be the perfect outstanding citizens we are. But dude, I'll deal with the crap because it's only $25 for the ENTIRE SUMMER. So what if there is only a 30 second window we're allowed to go. So what if the other locals make me want to slap unchaperoned kids around and so what if the staff has no clue. TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS. ENTIRE SUMMER. It's a place to go and it has water and Sun. Julian and I started our Mommy and Me swimming lessons, if you could call it that. I was about to sign up for lessons elsewhere which was like $70 for 6 classes. The public pool opened and I found out it was $5 for 8 lessons. Sign us up! But uh, yeah you really do get what you pay for.

Our first lesson the instructor gets a flat tire and shows up 30 minutes late. Then her assistant doesn't show and she pawns off the high school life guard on the under age 2 group to "teach us." His "teaching" was basically "Uh hold your baby um, like this. I think, oh yeah that's right. Maybe. You guys know more about this than I do." Hey young man, this is our first lesson and incase you didn't notice I don't know what the heck I'm doing!! I didn't know if we were getting swimming lessons or being a part of a train wreck. Oh well, it was worth the $5 to have the pool to ourselves. Julian wouldn't cooperate anyway so I rather waste $5 than $70. He wasn't interested in laying back and kicking his feet. He just wanted to dig his nails into my neck flesh. So I dunked him. How's that for a swimming lesson?

Other news in the Schrock household...our complete online baby boutique is open: Urban Baby Runway. Click here to check out all the cool baby stuff we're selling! We have many more things to add still and we've had several orders already from locals. If you see anything you want, enter FAMILY4LIFE in the comments box at checkout for 20% off. We'd love to give more but some things aren't even marked up that much so we can't afford to lose money. Anyway just take a look and let us know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home