Monday, October 31, 2005

BOO!

I had a change of heart. I handed out candy and let me tell you that took MAJOR willpower. I even bought a few kinds that didn't seem tempting like the orange and cream kit-kats (yuck?) and Snickers Crunch which I know I don't like. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy Hershey's with Almonds candy bars though. For those who don't know, nuts in chocolate are my FAVORITE. They were taunting me. And even the yucky candy smelled so good when I opened the bags. It's crazy how many times my hands just instinctively went to reach for a piece. It was totally subconscious, no wonder why people have a hard time losing weight. We're just so accustomed to taking a little here, a little there. We don't even have to think about it.

And we also ended up dressing Julian as a Puppy-who-looks-more-like-a-cow and we sat outside and handed out the candy. It was a hand-me-down from Julian's cousin Johnny. For what we were doing tonight and how long he'd be in it, it served it's purpose. He loves to people watch but man, do people not trick or treat anymore?? There were hardly any kids out. All the crazies keeping the kids indoors I guess. So I was giving out handfuls of candy because I did not want to be left with it.

Overall I think Julian really enjoyed his first Holloween experience, despite his facial expressions in the photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home