Monday, October 31, 2005

Bunches of cuteness

I bought Julian a couple pair of baby legwarmers from Baby Legs. Does it get any cuter?

I was hoping I'd like them as much as I thought I would. They get a whopping 5 out of 5 stars. I'll even go crazy and give them 6 stars. I was concerned about them staying up on legs with chunky monkey thighs and little calves. I was afraid they would constantly slip down or if they didn't slip down, they would be so tight they would cut his circulation off. Neither of these are the case.


They stay up great and seem just as comfortable with plenty of room for growth. Not to mention their convenience for a quick and hassle free diaper change while in the house. It's so much easier to change a diaper without having to take pants on and off but they still keep his legs nice and warm. Not to mention they hold socks on great. They are extremely versatile. You can do so much in them:

You can watch TV...


do some tummy time...


Or even faint in them and they don't budge.


We'll even try Yoga in them this week. What could be better? I'll tell you what...I WON another pair of babylegs last night! Woohoo, they are sending me a free pair, not sure which pair but how cool!

Julian got to spend time with Mom Mom and Pop Pop this weekend. He really enjoyed it as he hasn't seen them in a few weeks.



Isn't that cute, they are both in their Holloween colors. Speaking of which, it doesn't even feel like Holloween today. We didn't end up buying Julian a costume since we would just be staying home. We aren't even handing out candy since it would be too tempting to have it in the house. We'll probaby sit out on our bench and watch the trick-or-treaters, Julian loves to people watch!
Talk about a fluke of a lifetime, Julian slept 5 hours straight last night! 5 HOURS. This may not seem that great for a big and healthy 3 1/2 month old, but let me tell you it's wonderful when we're typically waking up every 2 -3 hours. His sleep has gotten progressively worse. Not that I got anymore sleep since these 5 hours were from 7pm - 12am and I didn't go to bed until 10:30. And then we were right back to normal waking every 2 hours after that. I'm not counting on this becoming a regular habit of his although it would be great if it did.

I can't be upset about it though as I know it's food allergy related. I KNOW in my gut that is the cause for frequent night wakings, it's even a common sign they do have food allergies. (Of course I'll be upset once we get this straightened out and he's still not sleeping through the night! I'll have to come up with another excuse). It also seems as though what very, very little acid reflux he had has increased. I'm not sure why, I'm going to talk to the ped about it next appointment. Depending on how it is by then, I might look into medication. I know that wakes him up because he'll start arching his back. Poor guy. Frequent night wakings is so common with food allergies that on the Parents of Food Allergic Kids (POFAK) forum I belong to they have a thing called "You know you are a POFAK when....and one of them says "You know you are a POFAK when your kid doesn't sleep through the night until he's 10 years old." Hmmm, not what I wanted to hear! Well there is plenty of time for sleeping when he's out of the house living with his own family and Bryan and I are old and retired.

How could I get upset at this face for not sleeping


One last thing...his allergist has still yet to get back to me. If he wasn't on my sh!t list before...he is now!

Happy Holloween!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home