Thursday, October 19, 2006

What does a train say? How the heck should I know?

We've skipped a couple playgroups the past few weeks. Well one absence was due to Vegas, and then I needed a week to recover, and another week to recover from my recovery week. Plus when they are outdoors at our big, old beloved city park, the time spent with the group usually consists of Julian way on the outskirts away from everyone and me yelling "Hi!" as I run by the other moms to catch up with him. I figure if we're gonna be hanging out alone, we might as well pass on the drive through rush hour and stay local.

But since we've been a bit isolated the last couple weeks I wanted to make sure we were going to Monday's playgroup. Much to my delight, we were all going to meet at the B & O Railroad museum which happens to be their free day.

We were the first to arrive, surprisingly. Then one of the dads from the group followed shortly behind us. His little boy who is a couple months older than Julian was in tow. He had on his conductor overalls, carrying an all about trains board book and could answer "what does a train say?" with an excited "choo choo!" Wow. Then there is us. Oh yeah well "Julian, what does a train say?" Instead of a similar response I received a look as if to say "Mom, you aren't fooling anyone. You know darn well you've never told me what a train says. In fact, I don't even know what a train is, how should I know what it says?" We were clearly unprepared for this trip. My preparation consisted of me printing out directions to the museum at the last minute.

Regardless of the fact Julian had no interest in the trains, even the ones you could go inside, it was a fun day. He only wanted to run on the stroller/wheelchair access ramps. I thought the one leading up to the train would catch his interest but he'd get halfway up only to run back down. And up. And down. And up. Never making it to the top where I thought I could push him inside where he'd be wowed by all the old metal and knobs and things he could touch.

He did however show a large amount of interest in a rock outside.
10_16_06 (26)


"What the heck is this thing behind me?"
10_16_06

And the Foto Friday I forgot to put up: Bones Brigade
10_13_06 (38) 10_13_06 (15)

10_13_06 (20)
10_13_06 (10) 10_13_06 (1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home