Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What a weekend!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! We surely did and Julian had such a great time. Plus it was a big weekend for us in general with my birthday, Bryan's birthday, Easter and our 2 year wedding anniversary yesterday. A LOT of celebrating going on around here!

I had a great birthday from start to finish. First I was allowed to sleep in while the boys hung out. As usual though I didn't sleep in nearly as late as I should. Once I woke up at 8am I couldn't go back to sleep. I came downstairs and Bryan and Julian were all set to get a big breakfast ready for me. I spotted some balloons and walked over to them where there also was a potted Tulip plant. So very pretty. And, there were a few more presents. I'm not sure if you know but Bryan and I don't exchange birthday gifts. We usually go away for a little vacation, this year we're heading to Chicago...this week actually. This year I made sure Bryan and I were on the same page about not exchanging gifts. We were adamant about not doing anything so I was a little irritated to see anything at all. But it was just too thoughtful to stay irritated for long.

It actually was a dream come true for Bryan. He always has this desire to do all of his Christmas shopping at 7-11 late Christmas Eve. Strange desire, I know, but it never works out for him. This birthday is probably the closest he will ever come. While I was sleeping he took Julian out in his pajama shirt and jeans over to Safeway and bought my birthday presents which were several gift cards and an US magazine. I don't know if your grocery stores are the same but ours has gift cards to almost every store imaginable. So I got a few to some of my favorite places, woo hoo. Plus he's renewing my US subscription. It ran out and I can't stand how out of touch I've been. I mean it was like 2 weeks after Britney's son fell out of his highchair before I heard about it!! And lucky for Bryan it was also Easter weekend so there were Tulips-a-plenty. See, we both made out, I got some money to spend on me and Bryan got to do gift shopping at the last minute at a grocery store. Now how thoughtful is that?! Of course I actually stuck to the no gift giving rule so that night I had to run out to Safeway to do his shopping. Do we really go out of our way or what?

But my birthday was so nice. Bryan also had coffee ready for me when I woke up. I know it doesn't sound like much but this is a huge deal. He never, ever makes coffee. He doesn't have a clue what to do with the coffee maker. On our wedding day he called me early in the morning and I thought it was so sweet until he got to his point "I'm trying to make coffee and the coffee maker won't stop beeping at me." Good thing I married him anyway, he may never have a cup of coffee again. So as you see, I couldn't believe he had coffee ready then I found out he had run to Starbucks and poured it into our carafe. Hey he gets points for creativity.

The weather Saturday was so nice so we headed down to Fell's Point by the water and enjoyed ourselves a picnic. It was just what I wanted. We had arranged for my mom to babysit Julian at night so we can have a nice dinner out but the day was so perfect we cancelled. We didn't need anything more.

Bryan got a little ripped off on his birthday again this year. It's always something overshadowing, one year it was the engagement, then next the wedding, then the pregnancy and now Easter. But it was a great day too. We did a little celebrating at home in the morning and then headed to our parents for more. It was really such a great weekend. And yesterday being our wedding Anniversary, it just kept on going! And boy do I have some pictures to share. I have so many though I'll have to do it in batches...here is my birthday picnic.

4_15_06 (14)
4_15_06 (13) 4_15_06 (17)
4_15_06 (21) 4_15_06 (23)


4_15_06 (34) 4_15_06 (33)
He loves rough housing!

4_15_06 (35) 4_15_06 (43)

4_15_06 (7) 4_15_06 (6)

4_15_06 (29)
That's right Cricket, you must wear sunscreen at all times. That's sunblock in his hair, it's not sweat!

4_15_06 (44)
He always wakes up with mysterious scratches on his nose

4_15_06 (10)
He no longer likes his knees touching the ground when he crawls outside. I think this might be his natural progression to walking. Oh boy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home